Set output volume

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
I have an Altec Lansing system hooked up to my iMac Intel. Is there a way to have the output volume to full everytime I boot up instead of it being halfway?

L

Logan

Read that site's info though Aptmunich, Startupsound REQUIRES a PowerPC Mac, groggy has a intel one on his profile.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ah, sorry - I didn't check its universalness :)

Good catch!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh, thanks APT, but yeah im on intel .. However I see the latest 1.1b version supports intel. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Shouldn't it be the same level as it was at shut down? So if you shut it down with the volume all the way up, it should be that high on start up.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hrmm, didn't quite work the way I wanted it too. Thing is on my Altec Lansing volume control is sensitive. I mean everytime I boot up my iMac its automatically set at half, by that I mean when you press the speaker icon on the keyboard. I would like to have it so that when it boots up it would be at full instead of halfway.

Reaction score
Open an AppleScript blank and type or paste this in it:

set volume 7

Go to File, then Save As, and from the drop-down menu in the next window, save it as an application. (You can check to see if it works by opening Sound in the System Preferences and watching the bottom indicator when you double-click the AppleScript.

Drop the script in the Applications folder or someplace you can find it, and go to Accounts in System Preferences. Choose Login Items, hit the + at the bottom and navigate to the AppleScript. The machine should start at full volume forever after.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great thanks! Worked perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.