Simple paint program.

S

skellious

Ok heres the thing. I am looking for a simple paint program, nothing fancy, infact a clone of MSpaint would be the best. I know everytime I see people ask about this on forums they get mobbed by adobe addicts so I would appreciate people not saying that I should pay out for an expencive drawing program and be happy with it, because I don't want all those fancy, complicated features, I just want paint!

OP
S

sursuciofla

skellious said:
Ok heres the thing. I am looking for a simple paint program, nothing fancy, infact a clone of MSpaint would be the best. I know everytime I see people ask about this on forums they get mobbed by adobe addicts so I would appreciate people not saying that I should pay out for an expencive drawing program and be happy with it, because I don't want all those fancy, complicated features, I just want paint!

Well I don't know..but maybe try Gimp, i am sure it has paint tool and shouldn't be difficult to use. Check out this site.

http://www.opensourcemac.org/

OP
S

skellious

sursuciofla said:
Well I don't know..but maybe try Gimp, i am sure it has paint tool and shouldn't be difficult to use. Check out this site.

http://www.opensourcemac.org/

Well Im afraid gimp is far too complicated, i've tried it before. I really wish someone in the free coding community would make something simple for once. I found the perfect app btu it was for classic, notOS X intel :( Thanks for the input anyway, I shall carry on searching the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Check out Artrage. It's quite good fun for drawing doodles and the like.

Reaction score
One possibility is to get Boot Camp and then install XP....need I continue?

I have used Paint extensively and tried Artrage and if my PC wasn't 1 mtr from me I would def buy the full ver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
as others have said. check out gimp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Ive downloaded Gimp but it is telling me I 'need X11 from the optional installs package on the OSX install disc.'

DOes this mean I have to find out my disc and re install part of it?

Reaction score
'fraid so....it's just a small installation that isn't done when OS X is first installed, hence the "Optional".

It's a good idea to keep tabs on where your macs install disc is.... :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
hmm, is Kidpix available on OS X? Man, I remember the days of sitting in primary school and spending ages playing around with that. All those little soundeffects for the tools, heheh.

That was a really simple program. I'm sure a lot of the other older mac members here would also remember that app.

Painter Classic came with my tablet, and is a fairly simple paint program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
On the other end of the scale to Photoshop and the Gimp, there's Palette, which is an incredibly simple paint application. It is also free.

OP
S

skellious

thanks for your replys but i've tried all programs here and dident like them. Maybe im too fussy. I'll be getting lepord when it comes out and installing xp then (unless u can buy boot camp seperately, as i quite like my mac as is now.) I don't want to use the beta really. Anyway my laptop is fixed now so ill use paint on that again. (yes, I have windows xp home on my laptop, only because my collage requires windows OS [so we don't use mac or linux to bypass the security, its only windows orentated] and as soon as I finish at the collage I will wipe windows and install Linux most probably. will then have a Mac main computer and linux laptop, 100% windoze free!!!)

EDIT: :O Just had a look at palette, could be just the thing! thats for suggesting it!

EDIT2: GREAT! love it, looked at windows version, now going to stick in on the mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Anyone know any good Gimp tutorials?
This will be my first trial at any graphics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini CD 1.66; 2GB RAM, 80GB HD
Try Inkscape: http://www.inkscape.org/
Its an open source vector graphics editing program. Its got features that illustrator does but IMO its also pretty easy to use. ie, to draw a rectange, just select the rectangle tool drag it out to the right size and then to change the color just select the rectangle and select the color and it fills it. Adding and editing text is a breeze and moving things up and down on layers is simple too. I just started using it and it seems to be good for beginners but has room to grow until you're making the money to afford the Adobe suite :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Use Appleworks 6 Paint, it's easy as MS paint and works a 1,000 times better!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.