Contrast/Focus knobs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blueberry iMac 350, 512 MB RAM, 40gb HD, OSX 10.2
Anybody else think it is very odd that Apple decided to keep these two controls locked away under the case? i had my mac apart the other day and noticed these two knobs, and made the mistake of turning one.. i forgot to turn it back and then proceeded to put my computer back together.. i was freaked out when my monitor stayed black.. needless to say, i alleveated this problem by drilling 2 unobtrusive holes in the case for easy access with a screwdriver... seemed like a good idea... even though i will most likely never touch those knobs agian..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
on my Grape imac 333 Mhz in OSX under Displays there are sliders for at least Brightness and I think Contrast.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blueberry iMac 350, 512 MB RAM, 40gb HD, OSX 10.2
yeah... but im talking about the actual knobs that adjust the monitor... sorta like a standard computer monitor has them on the front there.... but on these imacs they decided to keep them under the case.. which is probably the best idea.. cause once its set right, you dont ever really need to change it... but i made them accesible just incase... i also made the mistake of turning my contrast all the way up.. and the monitor got super bright white and i guess it flipped some internal breaker-like thing cause it got so white it made a whining noise and then my computer shut off.. crazy.. probably not good for it.. but now imma just leave em alone...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.