Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
OP
Noxian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
UPDATE: I am not sure why the pipping is causing discoloration, it seems to be a preasure spot inside the case, I was able to lesen the intensity of the lines by rubbing them with a microfiber cloth, I will see if I can polish them out tonight when I get home..

S

sursuciofla

I use Tucano 2nd skin neoprene case on my ibook so I couldn't tell you. I have a microfiber screen protector but still don't know why you are getting lines.

OP
Noxian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sursuciofla said:
I use Tucano 2nd skin neoprene case on my ibook so I couldn't tell you. I have a microfiber screen protector but still don't know why you are getting lines.
Does yours have fabric pipping on the inside of the case or is it all one piece?

S

sursuciofla

Noxian said:
Does yours have fabric pipping on the inside of the case or is it all one piece?

Yeah it does, it's not one piece. I thought it was kind of funky but it hasn't done anything to mark up the computer.

OP
Noxian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good news, I was able to polish out the the marks with my favorite polish, Aquafresh toothpaste :) . So I hope this info helps other people that might come into this problem. I knew I should have got a black MacBook but oh well white looks sooo good :D

H

huntr2

I've just noticed these stains on my white MacBook. At first I thought it looked like some heat discolouration marks but soon relised it was the raised bits on my Tucano case. The underside of my MacBook also has a long line where the raised bit on the bottom has marked it.

What method did you use to clean it? I don't want to just rub toothpaste into my MacBook and find it melts the plastic or something. Or are there any alternatives that will do the same job, a damp microfiber cloth does nothing to remove them.

Reaction score
I heard that this problem is very consistent with the tucano microfiber sleeve, might want to consider using something else

Reaction score
Virusyn said:
I heard that this problem is very consistent with the tucano microfiber sleeve, might want to consider using something else

I've got exactly the same problem, think it might be something to do with heat. Will try and get it fixed under applecare i guess but havne't used the case in a while.

Found an eraser took the marks back out.

OP
Noxian
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bossworld said:
Found an eraser took the marks back out.

So you were able to get them out with a eraser? your post is kinda confusing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.