mac web browsers?

Reaction score
Can someone give me a run through about what to expect with the different browsers for macs? I keep hearing a lot about extensions and plug ins?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
The most extensions and plugins you'll find in a browser would be Firefox. Safari has a couple things that will change the default way it works. Flock has quite a few extensions also, but it uses Firefox extensions, but they do not always work.

Reaction score
I have always found that Safari makes websites look the nicest, but I run into compatability problems with certain sites. Camino has run flawlessly for me.

Reaction score
i've started with firefox; i used safari for a month.. some compatibility issues... i think i'm going to give Camino a shot next as its users seem rather attached to it.

i suppose i could try omniweb, but you better bring something really special to the table if you're going to charge $30 for a product where the competition is free

Reaction score
I use Safari as my main web browser, as it seems faster than the others and has good integration with the rest of the OS. I have Camino on the side for 1% or so of websites that don't work with Safari. Camino works really well, but I've had it "unexpectedly quit" a few times, but other people don't have that problem. Firefox has excellent functionality in its extensions, but these seem to slow it down substantially. I think Safari is the best all around browser for mac. I have not tried OmniWeb or Opera 9. I didn't like the previous versions of Opera, but 9 has BitTorrent and little widgets built in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
congrats on ordering..!

where abouts are you in the world?
im waiting for my order but have to wait ages. wasnt sure if the USA gets there stock from shanghai either?

Reaction score
on the browser thing....hooked on safari. One wee question though...is there anyway to change the goolge toolbar to search google.co.uk and not google.com

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
The only thing that I do not like about Safari is that it does not recognize the rich text format option in the blog site I use (Live Journal). :(

Reaction score
I'm using opera at the moment. Was using it in XP and decided to keep it on OSX. Seems to work great so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
I have safari, firefox, camino and opera 9.
Out of all of them I use Camino the most, as I like it the most.
Also Opera is pretty nice.
I use Safari mostly at school for security features.
Firefox I do not use at all on my mac, because for some odd reason my macbook heats up whenever I run firefox.

Reaction score
When I switched back 2 Mac I couldn't get used to Safari after using FireFox on my PC, but after about 3 wks Safari and I became inseparable.

I still bring on the Fox occasionally, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
well im on firefox cant really say anything about safari due to as soon as i got the imac i install firefox out of habit

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I use Safari 95% of the time. For the few sites it has issues with I use Camino. If there still is an issue I try Opera.

On windows though I always use Firefox followed by Opera, but I use Windows mostly for gaming now a days so I don't do much Internet stuff on Windows.

I got used to Safari right away and loved it even back in the Panther days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I hate the clutter in IE and Firefox. I just want a couple of buttons and the URL bar. Plus you can't beat the brushed steel surround in Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
im not getting my mac until christmas, but i think it is really strange that every time there is a "Mac Browser Thread" nobody every mentions Shirra...

it looks like the best browser ive ever seen besides Safari

The Shiira Project

:mac:
davis

Reaction score
DavisCollins said:
im not getting my mac until christmas, but i think it is really strange that every time there is a "Mac Browser Thread" nobody every mentions Shirra...

it looks like the best browser ive ever seen besides Safari

The Shiira Project

:mac:
davis

The floating Bookmarks and History windows are cool.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pulse-8 said:
The floating Bookmarks and History windows are cool.....

yeah i know. wish i could just get rid of my crappy dell laptop.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
btw i hate firefox with a passion. it makes myspace look like crap...

OP
S
Reaction score
DavisCollins said:
btw i hate firefox with a passion. it makes myspace look like crap...
What is the best browser to use for myspace?

Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.