mac web browsers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
DavisCollins said:
btw i hate firefox with a passion. it makes myspace look like crap...
MySpace pages often look like crap; it's browser independent. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah, but I would say Firefox in comparison with Safari.. MySpace tends to crash Safari

S

sursuciofla

DavisCollins said:
im not getting my mac until christmas, but i think it is really strange that every time there is a "Mac Browser Thread" nobody every mentions Shirra...

it looks like the best browser ive ever seen besides Safari

The Shiira Project

:mac:
davis

Nice one, I just downloaded it this morning. Now I have 7 browsers...Safari, Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Camino, Firefox, Shirra

Reaction score
DavisCollins said:
im not getting my mac until christmas, but i think it is really strange that every time there is a "Mac Browser Thread" nobody every mentions Shirra...

The Shiira Project

davis

Hmmmm, never heard of it but willing to give it a try. Have been using Opera forever however this past week have decided to give Safari a try and it looks like I might keep it (depending upon how much I like Shiira). Thanks for the recommendation!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Just downloaded Shiira.
Now what are the advantages of it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
What is the best browser to use for myspace?

Thanks everyone for your replies! :)

actually i hate to say it. but the best thing for myspace that i have noticed is IE 7.0 it isnt nessisarily better. but it handles the CSS and HTML better than firefox or opera. idk about safari or shiira, but i am betting camino will butcher it like firefox.

it makes me happy that everybody here is tryin shirra after i recommended it. haha i guess im just weird like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just downloaded Shiira.
Now what are the advantages of it?

um...ahh...it looks freakin awesome...? lol i honestly dont know. i just thought it looked cool...and it said it was the next great browser for the mac. ahah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MySpace tends to crash Safari

dang i hate to hear that. i hope i dont have that problem once i get my mac. basically my whole school is addicted to myspace.

davis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
M

MacHeadCase

The Shiira Project

davis

Shiira is great. But wherever Safari has problems, Shiira will too because they are both based on the same rendering engine. I downloaded it a long time ago and liked its speed so I kept updating as updates were available.

Now the next stable version is close to a release and by golly it looks like feature-wise it might surpass Safari, as far as I can tell: Shiira will support skins/themes... But this will unlikely fix the rendering problems I talked about earlier in this post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't know if Safari can do this, but I missed tabbed browsing way too much to leave Firefox. Plus, I'm hooked on all the plugin/extentions "The Fox" has. It makes so many things I do while web browsing so much easier.

One thing I have to say about Safari over any is that you can highlight text and drag it to the desktop for an automatic file. I'll have to see if there's something similar for Firefox.

M

MacHeadCase

You can find all sorts of add-ons for Safari over at Pimp My Safari. Although some files don't seem up to date anymore but you do get a link to the developer's website most of the time. :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How about tabs in Safari??

M

MacHeadCase

Tabs like this? (See attached screenshot)

Safari has them. By holding down the Option key I can re-order them in any way I like them.

Safari_screen.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pretty much! I hadn't used Safari much beofre getting Firefox and noticed some listing coming to the top, but it seemed like links to where I had been; like individual listings for going back. Maybe I should take another look . . .

Thanks.

M

MacHeadCase

No prob! And like I posted earlier, take a look at Pimp My Safari for add-ons. Safari Enhancer, SafariStand, Saft, etc. are all cool. :girl:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.