Retrieving iTunes music.

D

DV'sG4

My friend purchased a whole bunch of music from iTunes at her work computer. She recently left that job, didn't de authorize her work computer and got home and accidentally deleted the music off of her iPod..how can she retrieve it from her laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Not sure if I understand here... if she still has the notebook and all the music on it, all she needs to do is put it back on the iPod.

If the notebook is not her work computer and it is her personal computer, then there isn't much she can do. She can try giving Apple a call and see if they will allow her to download her purchases again, but if not she is out of luck.

OP
D

DV'sG4

Yeah, that's the answer we were hoping we wouldn't get..I believe it's a one- time-only download policy..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, 24", 64G 3G iPad
There are lot's of post around from people who have been able to get the Apple customer care folks to set them up for a "one-time" only download of all of the past purchases after hard drive crashes, etc... Seems like asking nicely is part of the equation for success.

I also though I read somewhere that Apple now had a way of tracking your purchased tunes for this very reason... but I can't seem to track that info down, so it might just be those voices in my head again.

Shipsupt

DV'sG4 said:
My friend purchased a whole bunch of music from iTunes at her work computer. She recently left that job, didn't de authorize her work computer and got home and accidentally deleted the music off of her iPod..how can she retrieve it from her laptop?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.