External Monitor Resolution

L

lotus911

Hi..
hope someone can help me out...
I just got a 15" MacbookPro and I have a Sony 19" LCD (SDM-HS95P/S) i used to have connected to my old PC... anyways, now than i'm hooking up my MBP to the monitor, the resolution is completely wrong on the Sony... i've tried changing the display resolution to 1280 x 1024 (sonys native resolution) through display preferences (both for the sony and MBP screens), but the image still appears widescreen and not on the entire screen...like theres a lot of black space both on the top and bottom....
so, i installed this add-on called DisplayConfigX... and i configured both the sony and MBP to 1280 x 1024, but now the image is like pushed all the way to the left... now the only black space is on the right side and everything's shifted to the left... u can't even see the apple on the left.
Is there any way to get the MBP to be compatible with this monitor or am i gonna have to get an apple cinema because of this widescreen issue?

Please help!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The monitor is compatible.
Sounds like you just need to set the Geometry on the monitor itself.
There should be some sort of an on-screen menu that will allow you to do this on the Sony monitor.

OP
L

lotus911

great! thanks...
image size is almost perfect now with 1280 x 1024 (just a little edge left on the sides)... only problem is everything is slightly blurry..resolution seems kind of off somehow.... and i've tried adjusting sharpness on the monitor but it won't help...only gets sharper as in pixelated...

any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.