Unsure about a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
Man, I thought I was ready to order a MacBook this weekend, but it seems like i got so much more stuff to look up...A possible update coming up ?? is anyone sure about that ?

I want to get a 2.0 GHZ, 80GB HD macbook, but i'm not sure if I should get the bone stock 512 SDRAM and buy 2 x 1G DDRAM or the 1G SDRAM. I don't know what rams would fit the mac, because i never used a mac before. what rams would fit, and does anyone know any good, and inexpensive places for ram? looking for 2 x 1GB RAM.

BTW does a apple store even have a laptop with 2.0 GHZ, 80GB HD ?

Reaction score
If you need it now, get it now. If you can wait, then wait. There is always something new around the corner. ALWAYS!! Also, the next improvement to the MacBook is rumored to be the Merom, which is not much of an improvement. So there isn't really much reason to wait.

Google is your friend. Ram is everywhere, just search for the best deal.
Just call your local store and ask what is available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If I was you I would wait for at least a week, since it does sound like an update is about to happen.. and like ripfrankwhite said.. if you can't wait then no reason to get one now.

I would buy the MacBook as the RAM is and then upgrade the RAM through a company like Other World Computing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD
Newegg has 2 X 1GB for around $160 I believe...

I bought the same thing as you. A blackbook 2.0 GHz 80 GB with the standard 512 and upgraded it myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.