Possible MacBook Update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
My MacBook has a scheduled ship date of September 27th. That is about 9 days after I ordered it. On the site when I ordered, it said a 5-7 day wait. I wonder if this could be attributed to a possible Merom update? I suppose its not likely, but its a thought. Macrumors says its a possibility. Apparently there is an event called Phonetika or something on the 25th. Anyways, I imagine Apple would wait until late next month, to help fuel their holiday sales. Any thoughts? Check out the article at www.macrumors.com...

I feel a little remoresful, maybe I shouldnt of ordered when I did and waited another couple weeks...sigh...

P

pbook24

the event is called photokina, the worlds largest photo expo, it lasts for months.just thought i would tell you that. but they better not update them on the 25th. my 2nd macbook is acting up, and i need to go friday to get it replaced(last day of my 2 week period) ill be upset if they update it 3 days later. its possible that ill be able to return my replacement for the new one if they do update it, thouhg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
i hope it is the new core 2 duo update xD cuz im gonna order mines this weekend... maybe I should wait a bit first eh ? xD

Reaction score
Bah! I just bought my macbook exactly a week ago, and it got shipped from China 3 hours ago :( Anyone have any idea how much it'll cost to update to the Core 2 Duo chip when it comes out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
kontayjus said:
Bah! I just bought my macbook exactly a week ago, and it got shipped from China 3 hours ago :( Anyone have any idea how much it'll cost to update to the Core 2 Duo chip when it comes out?

None i believe.. If an update is released 14 days after purchase then you can upgrade for free..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
lol reallllly... well first things first, lets hope there is an upgrade.

F

Flash Fire

iWonder said:
None i believe.. If an update is released 14 days after purchase then you can upgrade for free..

Meh! And I got my MacBook last Monday... so I'll just be out of the 14 day period if they update it then! Errr... typical.

T

transamman1999

Flash Fire said:
Meh! And I got my MacBook last Monday... so I'll just be out of the 14 day period if they update it then! Errr... typical.
me too. but as much as that would suck, the computer world evolves so quickly that your computer will no longer be top of the line after even only 2 weeks.

im just glad i finally have my MacBook!!!!

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well, if you customed ordered your MacBook, with a larger HD or more Ram, you cant return or exchange it at all...

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Howso? Their return policy states that you cannot.

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a macbook...do you think I should wait to see if they come out with something new? If they do come out with something new, what would it be?

Thanks

S

section31

I just purchased my macbook on the 16th and am totally happy with it.

The speed increase with Merom isn't what would cause me to rethink keeping this one or advising others to wait until next week. I'm more concerned about 64 bit and the upcoming Tiger release (amongst future updates of any software).

C

CWMac

i ordered a MB,said 5 days delivery.Once ordered they changed it to 9 days.Then deivery was ANOTHER 11 days.

So the OP might want to reign in his horses cause its pretty standard for apple it seems.

And yeah, i checked...no Core 2 Duo inside :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
i cant keep up with all the updates. Apple is pushing these updates and upgraded machings out soo fast its hard to stay ontop of things.

-J

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
My ship date bumped up to the original time, its supposed to arrive on Wednesday, the 27th. Apple must of sensed I was thinking of calling them...Im happy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.