iPhoto: Editing an image, then saving as a copy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
In iPhoto, I had set the double-click editing preference to have an image open in Photoshop Elements 3, but when I saved the edited image as a different name it didn't appear in iPhoto - just the original did. Then I tried editing just within iPhoto but no option appeared to let me create a new filename for the edited image, so I was left with just it and not the original.

Can I edit an image via iPhoto (in iPhoto itself or in PE3), but then save the edited image as a copy so as to leave the original untouched?

Reaction score
If you edit a photo it is saved with the edits but there is an option at anytime to revert to the original. It's better just to create a duplicate, then edit that if you plan to export it.

As for PE3, I haven't used it but the PE3 file extension added might be the problem with not being able to further edit in iPhoto....

OP
iWish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
Pulse-8 said:
IIt's better just to create a duplicate, then edit that if you plan to export it.
Good idea - I'll try that. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
You can duplicate the one you edited, and then revert one of them back to the original so you have both...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.