macbook pissing me off

P

pbook24

ive already gotten one replacement. today i reboot my macbook and i get the flashing folder, can hear the HD seeking but no go. 2 more times it does this. then i try resetting pram and im good. just now i reboot again and i get a gray screen and it does nothing. same thing 2 more times, reset pram and boom im good. im going to the genius bar on saturday afternoon, gonna get this thing replaced, again. whats apples policy on replacements before i can push for a mbp upgrade?lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
My hdd died adn i had that happen too. if you put in your install discs when you boot up and re-install the OS, you shoudl be good to go. if you want to ever EJECT a disc when your not in OSX, hold the CLICK (mouse pad button down) when you reboot or turn the mac on and hold it until the disc ejects. Depending on how long you have had it, go into an APPLE STORE and get them to look at it with you. They have some great techs there already to help anyone out with little problems.

If anything you can trade in for credit towards an upgrade to a MBP

-J

OP
P

pbook24

its been 12 days, friday i am going in and just getting it replaced. i dont have 500 bucks for a mbp, i iwhs i did

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well I feel great about my MacBook purchase that I just made. It hasnt even come yet. Has anyone gotten a MacBook without problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I cant really afford to be out of comission with my Notebook. I have my iBook for the time being, and the time that I own both a MacBook and iBook will overlap about 2 weeks before I sell the iBook. What can I do? Nothing. Bah!

OP
T

transamman1999

mine has been great!! the problem i have is with getting XP to load in Parallels. but that's hardly something to worry about or blame Apple for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.