finder icon?

S

sunshine1084

Now, lemme know if I'm wrong, but has there always been 3 vertical stripes going through the finder icon? I don't remember it and am hoping it's not a bad sign!

Reaction score
sunshine1084 said:
Now, lemme know if I'm wrong, but has there always been 3 vertical stripes going through the finder icon? I don't remember it and am hoping it's not a bad sign!

You mean in the dock? The only vertical line I have is the one that goes between the eyes and down to make the nose.

OP
S

sunshine1084

im an idiot, by vertical i meant HORIZONTAL! haha yup- and its on the dock. little to no sleep is finally having its way with me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i dont remember any horizontal lines

Reaction score
To take a picture of a the Dock, press Command-Shift-4, then press the Space bar. Move the pointer over the area you want so that it's highlighted, then click. If you decide you want to drag to select the area, press the Space bar again. lol...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
lol, it means y our finder has been cut in thirds!!!!!

open Terminal, type killall Dock
less scary option
restart your computer

should fix your problem
-chris

Reaction score
sunshine1084 said:
there it is! thanks for the info on screen shots too – so helpful!

Interesting, that icon is actually an 'alias' which points to your home directory.

Unless there is some other really strange activity happening on your Mac, it's safe to say that these lines don't pose any threat to your system.

Just for your info I've included a link which explains how you can modify icons:

http://interfacelift.com/icons-mac/details.php?id=1903

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.