Downloading..

Reaction score
I'm downloading a large file and want to leave my mac-book on overnight, when I shut the lid I take it the laptop goes into sleep mode, will this prevent my laptop from downloading the item?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
richardcanham said:
I'm downloading a large file and want to leave my mac-book on overnight, when I shut the lid I take it the laptop goes into sleep mode, will this prevent my laptop from downloading the item?
yes sleep mode disconnects your connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
when you are studying for a test, and you fall asleep, are you still studying????

set your monitor to turn off after x minutes and you should be all set
-chirs

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Heat on the iBook escapes through the Keyboard area, you close the lid, you can fry the ibook, so it goes into sleep so it will not overheat. Leave it open.

T

transamman1999

do what i do - set your monitor to go to sleep after 15-30 minutes (whatever you want) and set it to NEVER go to sleep when powered by the power cord.

then HOLD the F1 key to turn the brightness all the way to the lowest setting and the screen will be ALMOST black. in 15-30 minutes the screen will turn off but your downloads will continue. problem solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.