delete .dmg?

S

sunshine1084

Okay, so I've looked through the forums and tried everyones suggestions (save a few, I'm sure) and I cannot for the life of me get this .dmg off my desktop.

it is: OS_X_HP_Inkjet_Installer.dmg

I don't even use that printer anymore. I cannot move it ANYWHERE. Not Macintosh HD, not applications- anywhere. When I try it says "The item "OS_X_HP_Inkjet_Installer.dmg" is being used by another task right now. (Other tasks include moving, copying, or emptying the Trash.) Try again when the task is complete."

I've tried just opening the file, and nothing happens. Internet Explorer opens but it just stays a blank page!

I hope I've given enough info for an answer.

Oh, and hey.....I'm new. How are ya'll doing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
go to activity monitor, see if you can identify your printer file, kill the process and then try yto delete the dmg.

-chris

OP
S

sunshine1084

coach_z said:
go to activity monitor, see if you can identify your printer file, kill the process and then try yto delete the dmg.

-chris

how can i do that?

Reaction score
from Finder press the combination of Shift+Command+U, then you'll be taken to the Utilities folder on your HD. The Activity Monitor should be at the top of the list. Just launch it and search for the process....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
spotlight search for activity monitor, see if you find some process running that may have something to do with HP or HP Pri9nter, or inkjet printer or something, select it and then click quit process
=chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
forget all that
just restart your computer
-chris

OP
S

sunshine1084

coach_z said:
forget all that
just restart your computer
-chris

hahahhhaa im sitting here like, "wait...do what? and go where? and find whaaaaat?" restarting seems a lot easier haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.