iTunes 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
I upgraded to iTunes 7 and love the new look 'n feel. However am finding it a lot more sluggish than the previous version (e.g. when changing between views to show the artwork). Anyone else experienced this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
On an iBook G4? I can see that. I have not noticed it much on my iBook G4, but I only have maybe 25 songs/videos on my iBook, everything else in on my Quad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
sluggish

yes definately slower and a bit glitchy on my g5 iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
Running very smoothly on my MacBook.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It runs smooth as can be on my iMac G5 and I have a LOT of music in it. On my ibook G4 with 1.33Ghz CPU, I don't notice any real slowness that I can see. It's not as snappy as the G5 iMac or Core Duo Mini, but far from jerky or slow either.

So far the only time I really noticed a sort of suuggeshness is on my PIII 500Mhz Thinkpad. ITunes 7 there was taking between 15-25% CPU and did seem too jerky. So on that rig I went back to the last Version 6 and it was much better, but it's a lot older machine. ITunes 6 got more like 10% or less CPU usage on the old Thinkpad. On all my other both Windows and OSX systems I have no issues with 7 so far.

S

Sibannac

i had the same crap happen, and finally found an article that suggested deleting any iTunes plug-ins, and this seemed to fix most problems I was having(i.e. slow/sluggish, persistent crashes importing, and crash when simply switching between songs)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.