Gmail Notifier not working..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
My Gmail notifier recently stopped working with Safari. It stil display unread emails, and notifies me when I get an email, but if I click the icon in my tool bar and click "Go to Inbox, Compose Mail" it no longer opens Safari. Does anyone know of a reason why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
first thing that comes to mind is a repair permissions, did you update safari or your gmail notifier, or osx recently?

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did repair permissions and still didnt work. I quit the applications, both Safari and Gmail Notifier restarted them. I restarted the computer nothing. The only thing that seemed to happen around the time of it not working was I closed my Macbooks screen and for some reason it didn't go to sleep and when I came back the fans were going and it was warm, so I had to restart it then. But no I havent updated anything.

Reaction score
I had a look on google and it seems a few people are having problems with the GMail notifier....is it GMails RSS service that you're using to receive notifications of new emails.

Is there a way to discontinue using this service, then reinstate it?

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know if it's an RSS service, it could be though. Its just the little icon that appears in my toolbar at the top and it shows how many unread emails I have in my Gmail account, I can then click and access the emails from there but now I click and nothing. It doesnt open Safari, I have to manually go to Gmail.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.