iTunes plays all music TOTALLY screwed up, HELP!

F

freakout

I'm on a Windows PC (XP to be exact) and I just downloaded the new iTunes update.

Now every song I try to play in iTunes (This includes streaming radio!) it makes an obnoxious and loud crackling noise, sort of like when you get snow on your TV. I can barely hear a horrible quality version of the song over the "snow" sound.

At first I thought it just messed up my files, but like I said before it also does this when I try to listen to a radio stream. All of the same files and streams play fine in Winamp. The songs also play fine on my iPod. Only when I play it through the newest iTunes is when I get this problem.

What can I do?

Reaction score
I found this link and it seems you're not alone....

http://news.com.com/2060-10793_3-0.html

The most common complaint appears to be a crackling or scratchy noise in tracks played in iTunes 7. Some posters on Apple's had found ways to correct that issue, but it didn't solve everyone's problems. That problem and others seem to be on both Windows and Mac versions of the new iTunes software.

OP
F

freakout

Thanks for that article Pulse! I ended up finding a post on another forum that had an answer.

All I had to do is put my iTunes volume slider all the way up, and now it works. Odd, huh?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
freakout said:
Thanks for that article Pulse! I ended up finding a post on another forum that had an answer.

All I had to do is put my iTunes volume slider all the way up, and now it works. Odd, huh?

Thanks again.

Glad it's fixed....and thanks for posting the fix for others to see.... :biohazard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.