Email converting jpgs to Php's

N

neen273

Hi, new here.

I'm a photo retoucher. I sent my photographer client finished work through the website Yousendit.com. This *almost* works fabulously. He receives notices that files are available for downloading through his Mac email. The problem is, when he downloads them, they are somehow converted from the jpgs I originally sent to .php files. I'm guessing that it is the email system that is responsible.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

Thank you so much,
Janeen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
neen273 said:
Hi, new here.

I'm a photo retoucher. I sent my photographer client finished work through the website Yousendit.com. This *almost* works fabulously. He receives notices that files are available for downloading through his Mac email. The problem is, when he downloads them, they are somehow converted from the jpgs I originally sent to .php files. I'm guessing that it is the email system that is responsible.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

Thank you so much,
Janeen

Something strange is happening. You can't convert JPG files to PHP files. Have you tried sending yourself some files to try and see if you are having the same issues as your client? I just sent myself some jpg's with that service without any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
see if your client can change the extension on the file to .jpg and try to open it still

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
yep what trpnmonkey said.. that should work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Unless he is not downloading the actual images and is just downloading the site that is used to transfer the files. That would explain the .php extension

OP
N

neen273

timswim78 said:
Something strange is happening. You can't convert JPG files to PHP files. Have you tried sending yourself some files to try and see if you are having the same issues as your client? I just sent myself some jpg's with that service without any problems.

Somehow it is happening though. I don't have any problems. I am on a PC but I have another client who is on a Mac and he isn't having this problem receiving my files.

Robert can convert the php's to jpg's in Photoshop on his Mac, he just shouldn't have to. He sent one of the php files back to me, and I couldn't open it at all on my PC.

OP
N

neen273

trpnmonkey41 said:
see if your client can change the extension on the file to .jpg and try to open it still

I thought that might work, but it didn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
What do the file properties say about the file contents? The problem, as others have said, is that PHP and JPG are fundamentally different - one is an HTML wrapper programming language and one is an image format. Photoshop must be recognising the image as something else, presumably whatever the web server is converting them to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.