RAM upgrade to 1GB - prices?

C

callisto9

i am wanting to upgrade the RAM in my iBook from 512MB to 1GB. i read that there is only one slot for RAM, so i'd have to buy a 1GB chip, not an additional 512MB chip.

"The computers indicated by this note number use 1.25-inch PC2700 (also called DDR333) DDR SDRAM SO-DIMMs."

iBook G4 (Mid 2005)
512 Up to 1.5 GB 333 MHz (PC2700)

is the RAM for an apple machine different from RAM for a windows-based machine? i am guessing due to the prices i am seeing, it's not. can i buy PC2700 DDR333 RAM on ebay and have it work?

where's the cheapest place for RAM? i am seeing prices of $150 - $170 for a stick of RAM! gah! that's sooooo expensive.

help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I purchased a gig of Ram for my iBook in March of 2005. It cost me $210 total. I would think paying around $150 is pretty decent. As long as it is So-dimm PC 2700 DDR RAM, you should be ok.

OP
C

callisto9

Greenredfield said:
I purchased a gig of Ram for my iBook in March of 2005. It cost me $210 total. I would think paying around $150 is pretty decent. As long as it is So-dimm PC 2700 DDR RAM, you should be ok.

GAH! oh my! i didn't know it was going to be that expensive. maybe i'll stick with 512MB...

Reaction score
yep, very expensive. i wanted to upgrade the ram in my ibook, but i can't afford it right now. but, from what i hear it is worth it.

Reaction score
I recommend Data Memory Systems - US$135 for 1 Gb Mac-tested and guaranteed. Also excellent people to deal with

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

(obligatory disclaimer - I derive no benefit financial or otherwise from recommending my favorite American RAM dealer)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.