Entourage vs MS Outlook 2003

P

pathological

Good day, i know normally there should be an intro post, who i am and hello to all, and there will be, that will be post #2. I am submitting this because my office is currently having MAC trouble, specifically with Entourage. Here is the deal.

We have a Sales Rep in Montreal, he sends sales reports and such to the brand manager here in Ontario. The Rep uses some e-mail provided by videotron.com or something like that. The e-mail being received on our end, is through an MS Exchange Server, we host our own DNS and so on. That is not the problem, yet.

The issue is, he sends his messages to a group of people, and the Brand Manger uses a Power Book G4 with i believe OSX, and he uses Entourage for his mail client. For some reason, when this ONE person sends him any e-mails, the body shows up as blank. Now i wanted to eliminate the cross platform possibility of Windows to Mac (Stupid windows) and i had the sales rep send an e-mail to our Design Department, all running OSX and Entourage. Not a single person out of the 6 we have working there got the body of his message. Now i have had him send myself (Windows XP Pro) and a vouple other people an e-mail and it shows up no problem.

Here is the question.

Is there any known issue with Entourage, where an inbound e-mail will remove the entire body of the message, and that SAME message will not have any trouble being send to an MS Outlook 2K3 client?

Any information, or tips for troubleshooting would be great. We do not have any MAC Technicians here, so it is just us trying to figure out what the problem is.

Ideas anyone?

-Phil

OP
P

pathological

Thanks for the reply, sounds logical, i just wondered why a MAC would have ANY trouble viewing an HTML message, oh well, worth a shot i guess. I told the rep to try it out, and i will keep the forum updated.

Thnx for the response, much appreciated.

-Phil

Reaction score
I agree totally with you--it should be able to handle it. I e-mail everyday with people that have Windows and I haven't had any trouble with them. Just thought it might be worth a shot. If that does not work---has he tried to just pull the messages through
OS X's Mail program? That could be worth a shot to...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.