nintendo 64 emulators?

Reaction score
Hello!

I have problem with n64 emulators. Does anybody know any emulator that can play the legend of zelda:majoras mask? I tried sixtyforce and mupen 64 and it does not work. HELP!! :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
for Zelda, you're better off owning the game.
Or you could wait til later this year when the Nintendo Wii comes out, and you can legally download N64, SNES and NES games to play on the one console (as well as Wii games) I'm hanging out for mine so I can finally play some of the great Japanese games never seen overseas.

Anyway, I'm not sure if discussion of emulators would be allowed here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Emulation is perfectly legal as long as you own an original copy of the game. Kind of like backing up CD/DVDs, I suppose.

The two emulators you named are optimized for a fairly limited number of games. Games that used the processor expansion pack (the thing that came with the games that plugged into the N64) will not usually run on an emulator, which I'm pretty sure the second Zelda64 game did...

I know Ocarina of Time works, though. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac bondie blue 233mhz 320mb ram 2 meg vram 4gig HD and a Beige G3 A/V 266 OCed to 300mhz 64mb ram
or if you have a gamecube the zeldas colector edition disk has majoras mask on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
leverknight1 said:
or if you have a gamecube the zeldas colector edition disk has majoras mask on it.
do you mean the Wind Waker bonus disc? That came with Master Quest, which was Ocarina of Time, not Majora's Mask.

Emulation is perfectly legal as long as you own an original copy of the game. Kind of like backing up CD/DVDs, I suppose.

I think that's the logical argument that a lot of people follow. I've seen ROM sites that claim this is untrue, and that ROMs are downloaded at your own risk. I'd like to believe it's OK to use them, but having read that at a ROM site, it's pretty hard not to take notice

Whichever it may be, ROMs can't beat the experience of the original game. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
dtownley1 said:
do you mean the Wind Waker bonus disc? That came with Master Quest, which was Ocarina of Time, not Majora's Mask.
He's talking about the Zelda Collector's Editin Disc, which Nintendo mailed out to people who had five Nintendo games registered on their website in late 2004 (could be wrong on the year). It included the two original NES Zeldas, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, a History of The Legend of Zelda featurette, and a Wind Waker trailer.

Reaction score
surfwax95 said:

somebody tell nintendo that. they have a nasty habit of absolutely reaming people. which is totally BS because if you EMU 007 golden eye, its not like they could POSSIBLY make money off of it. the system is ten years old and GONE.

in any event, are there any EMU's that i can use my xbox 360 PC controller with? i have a NES and A MAME and neither recognize this device, which is totally a shame, it's the perfect controller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mackbook 2g ram 2ghz, g3 powerPC 600Mhz, 30g video pod
where do you get the games?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Discerptor said:
He's talking about the Zelda Collector's Editin Disc, which Nintendo mailed out to people who had five Nintendo games registered on their website in late 2004 (could be wrong on the year). It included the two original NES Zeldas, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, a History of The Legend of Zelda featurette, and a Wind Waker trailer.

man, wish I had known about that... The two NES Zelda's are the two I haven't played much. I think I've got all the others. I would suspect they'll be available on Wii, so not all hope is lost :D

in any event, are there any EMU's that i can use my xbox 360 PC controller with? i have a NES and A MAME and neither recognize this device, which is totally a shame, it's the perfect controller.
ah, I think I know that controller. Just like the 360 one, but with a USB cord? Does that even work for mac? I thought it was windows only. Perhaps it's so new that drivers don't exist for it for emulators? A shame, because it's a beautiful controller. Have you got it to work for other games?

Reaction score
I've been trying to play some N64 games on my Mac but I can't (at least in a decent manner). I've downloaded Mupen64 and Sixtyforce and both emulators run games like Mario 64, Mario Kart and Banjo Kazooie in slow motion (literally). I can't play like that. Am I doing something wrong? I'm running a 17 inch Core 2 Duo iMac, 512MB of RAM.

And also where can I find games, be it N64 or SNES or NES, Gamecube, etc? Thanks in advanced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.