How to not sleep when the lid is closed????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
How can I make my macbook not go to sleep when I close the lid? I'd rather its still be on, but with the display off when the lid is shut. I can't find it in the System Preferences

S

sursuciofla

Z mann R2 said:
How can I make my macbook not go to sleep when I close the lid? I'd rather its still be on, but with the display off when the lid is shut. I can't find it in the System Preferences

No man, are you friggin nuts, crazy, insane? Are you trying to use it with external monitor? You will mess up your display. I'm not going to even tell you how because I love your Mac.

Roo

Reaction score
You won't mess up the screen with the Macbook. It gives you the option of clamshell mode when you have an external display.

The iBook releases heat through the keyboard, but not the Macbook.

S

sursuciofla

Well Macbooks are new and smoking used to be thought to be harmless too. Do what you like though that's what we all do in the end. Go to system preferences --> display and you should find it.

OP
Z mann R2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
i had to download a stupid program to be able to do it....well it works though
thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.