how to sync my phone with my iMac

Reaction score
i just got a Samsung SGH-D807. and ive found that it wont iSync with my mac.

i was trying to figure out if there is a way for my mac to recognize my phone so i can load all my MP3s and pics to the Micro SD on my phone.

or am i just gonna have to get the USB dongle for the SD card, and upload my media that way?

any advice would be great

T

transamman1999

dongle? lol. funny sounding word.

sounds like that's your only option.
i found that even w/ my old SLVR phone the USB cable that it came with sucked total @ss and had to be held tightly at a certain angle in order for it to be able to transfer data.
not that you'd have that problem, just saying that phones still havent bridged the gap (in my mind) with computers.

SMART phones on the other hand, have. my Cingular 8125 works beautifully w/ my comp (PC work computer that is)

T

tangentartist

any luck

Scottro said:
i just got a Samsung SGH-D807. and ive found that it wont iSync with my mac.

i was trying to figure out if there is a way for my mac to recognize my phone so i can load all my MP3s and pics to the Micro SD on my phone.

or am i just gonna have to get the USB dongle for the SD card, and upload my media that way?

any advice would be great

any luck finding a way to sync your samsung? I just picked one up and was wondering.

Jem

Reaction score
Have you tried using the file transfer over Bluetooth? That's the only way I could get my Nokia N80 to work but with the built in BT in the iMac it allowed me to navigate to the folders I needed to update and transferring files was just drag'n'drop stuff.

I couldn't use iSync either, BUT I believe the config files can be hacked to recognise other phones, I just haven't tried it yet.

Reaction score
You can totally do it, and you'll need a couple things.

First, Bitpim for MAC. Search google.
Second, you may need a USB cable, but Bluetooth is an option via Bitpim. I use my Mac & Bitpim with my VX8300 to transfer Files/Movies/Ringtones/Pix/etc over Bluetooth. I also use Bitpim with my wifes vx5300 and vx6100 with a USB data cable. Check ebay for a good deal on a cable. You likely will not need a driver for the cable. The drivers are built right into OS X. The cable will be a bit faster than Bluetooth as well. If you phone uses a SD card (mine uses microsd) then I would recommend you transfer larger files with a card reader. I picked up a little USB MicroSD reader on eBay for 8 bucks. Works great.

The most popular data cable for newer phones is a straight USB cable, not a serial-to-USB.

For ALL phone related questions, you should check out http://www.HowardForums.com. If its possible, it will be covered there. Its the largest Mobile Phone community out there.

Sab

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Second that for howardforums. They have the answer to about anything you ask and the format of the site is the same as M-F. M-F and HF are my 2 favorite sites this week and just by casually reading in HF I now know more about Cingular phones than any Cingular rep. I've ever spoken to.

On that note, don't ever trust cell phone reps. they either lie to sell or just because they don't know. A guy told me all Cingular's phone have Bluetooth 2.0 like MBP's but in reality only a couple of their "smartphones" have it. Get all your cell phone knowledge from HF, but always double-check and take with a grain of salt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.