Awful Applecare

A

ahr113

I got my iBook one year ago...I sent it in to apple care about 8 weeks ago, and they sent it back promptly, yet still broken...I sent it right back, and it has been with them for a full 7 weeks...Is it common for applecare to be this inept?
or am i the only one who is being screwed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ahr113 said:
Is it common for applecare to be this inept?
or am i the only one who is being screwed?
I would not go so far as to call them inept. What was the reason you sent it in for service? It could be that either the issues you reported were caused by something other than what was previously determined by the tech. As far as why it is taking so long, it could be that a part is on order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Great. I'm getting ready to send my macbook in. Is this what I have to look forward to????

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I have sent things in for apple care twice and have gotten them back in under a week each time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz
My ibook is almost an year old and I am thinking about getting AppleCare. Is it really worth it?? Hardware wise is there a lot problems with increasing age of the iBook G4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Yes it is worth it, think of it this way: If you have it apple is obligated to fix it unless it is accidental damage (you drop it, get it wet, etc.). If you don't have it then you will have to pay to get it fixed (logic boards, displays, superdrives, and hard drives, all are very expensive parts). So it is likely that the apple care can pay for itself with just being sent back once. If you get it and you don't need it, whats the worse that can happen, you spent $300 and you had the piece of mind, if you don't get it and your computer dies, and its going to cost $1200 to fix, then you are going to wish that you had purchased apple care. I say go for it, you might regret not getting in the future.

OP
D

DV'sG4

I've sent my iBook in 4 times! and received it in less than a week all 4 times..AppleCare phone reps are worthless..AppleCare techs IMO are great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 1.33Ghz
The listed price for AppleCare in HK is around HK$18XX for iBooks. Given by the time AppleCare runs-out after two years I should save enough for my 2nd :mac:

So if I have anything wrong with the hard drive (crashing), LCD with dead pixels or gone wonky colour and etc.....AppleCare will fix it for me??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Shinji said:
My ibook is almost an year old and I am thinking about getting AppleCare. Is it really worth it?? Hardware wise is there a lot problems with increasing age of the iBook G4?

I had my iBook for 3 years. The only problem I had with it was with the CD drive. The felt sticker on the base of the drive (brushes dust of the disc I guess) started to peel up and put glue on my CDs. It took about a week for it to be repaired - but I think it was something like 4 working days. Fortunately it was still under warranty, so I didn't have to pay a cent at all for the replacement of the drive :D I just dropped it off, and then picked it up and left when it was ready.

It was really worth it for me. But I couldn't afford the extended warranty on my macbook. Around AU$400 for it - which was more than the RAM upgrade and perhaps the HD upgrade as well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I think for an iBook AppleCare isnt as neccessary. They have were made for about 4 years, so if yours is a later model, they had the machines pretty perfect by that point. Regarding a 6 month old product like a MBP or MB, I am getting the AppleCare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
mac747 said:
Great. I'm getting ready to send my macbook in. Is this what I have to look forward to????

Tim
no, there has got to be more to this story that the OP does not let us know about.

second, get applecare get applecare get applecare get applecare, i cant recommend it more

thirdly, what was wrong to begin with? did they say they fixed anything the first time? have you called and asked them about your computer? did they actually recived it in the mail? i think you are blaming them without telling us what is going on, or you even knowing what is going on

good day
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.