will these specs run latest mac os?

tgg

Reaction score
333mhz CPU Speed
64mb RAM
10 GB Hard Drive
DVD-Rom Drive (sorry, no CD-RW)
8mb ATI Rage Video Card
Basic Built-in Speakers with Built-in Microphone (Microphone works decently, sometimes there's a lot of gain in the background)
OS 9.1 with iTunes and Apple DVD Player
1 USB slot with 2x USB slots in the keyboard for mouse, mp3 players, etc.
1 FireWire slot
Airport Ready

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
* PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
* Built-in FireWire
* At least 256MB of physical RAM
* A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
* At least 3.0 GB of available space on your hard drive; 4GB of disk space if you install XCode 2 developer tools
* DVD drive for installation (get CD media for $9.95)

OP
T

tgg

Reaction score
Yea firewire really has to be there or what? Also Whats the latest version before the actual latest mac os because this wont be my primary pc I just need to learn the OS because I have my own onsite computer tech bussiness and I get calls from customers wanting to know if I know Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't think you will be able to get anything done without having more ram. OS X won't install unless you have a firewire port

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You could use Panther 10.3 but you still need to up the ram to at least 128 Megs for an install and 256 to use it sort of smoothly. Tiger does want the FireWire port there. You can get Panther on Ebay very cheap no a days.

Reaction score
If this is for your business it might be worth it to just invest in a slightly newer Power Mac G4. Lots of nice deals on ebay here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.