Should I make a switch?

A

Atheist

Hi,

I'm about to get a laptop, and i'm completely mesmerized by the Powerbook.
I do graphics editing(photoshop), webdesigning and server side scripting languages like php.
Apart from that, i also do programming, VB.NET/ASP.NET and java. I'm wondering if a powerbook would be suitable for me, also the Virtual PC, if i'd install Visual Studio onto it, would it be lagged? Since it's an emulator, that's all for now, thanks.

EDIT: sorry i noticed it's in the wrong forums

OP
H

hokiethang

Atheist said:
Hi,

I'm about to get a laptop, and i'm completely mesmerized by the Powerbook.
I do graphics editing(photoshop), webdesigning and server side scripting languages like php.
Apart from that, i also do programming, VB.NET/ASP.NET and java. I'm wondering if a powerbook would be suitable for me, also the Virtual PC, if i'd install Visual Studio onto it, would it be lagged? Since it's an emulator, that's all for now, thanks.

EDIT: sorry i noticed it's in the wrong forums

I have never used VPC personally, so I cant answer the VPC part of your question. OS X does come with a development environment called Xcode which supports java so you could use an OS X native program to code in java. VB.NET / ASP would have to be done in visual studio, because i do not know of any OS X based compilers for those languages. Photoshop is right at home on a powerbook as are most web design tools. I personally use studio mx on my laptop and it works very nicely.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.