(2) Two Airport Express Stations HELP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I am am getting the new imac 20, it will be here by the end of the week. I have already ordered 1 Airport express base stations, and plan on ordering a second very soon.

Here is my sitituation... I have a home theater system, as well as a home speaker system (Speakers are built-in the ceilings). Each set-up is run by its own Stereo Receiver. Harman Kardon for the Home Theater, and Denon for the Ceiling Speakers.

My question.... With two Airport Express Stations (one for the Home Theater system... and the other for the built-in ceiling speakers) from the iMac am I able to choose which base station to broadcast the itunes to??? Can I choose both to play at the same time?

Sometimes I'd like to play classical music throughout the house through the ceiling speakers. Other times I'd like to play music only through the Home Theater System. Finally, I'd occasionaly like to play the same music through every speaker in the house (Home Theater AND Ceiling Speakers)

Make sense?

Thanks in advance for the answers/input.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I figured it out.... In case anyone needs the info, the answer is: YES!!!! You can do all (individual speakers, or ALL speakers connected to multiple Airport Express Stations). I haven't tried this personaly (yet), but I will be the moment all of the components arrive. Go Fedex GO!!!! Below is the link with info.

http://www.macriot.com/article.php/20060128004453818

N

NTL1991

I know this is Off Topic, but I have a Harmon/Kardon setup with Infinity Loudspeakers... I love it. What reciever do you have? My Harmon Kardon AVR20 is old, but the sound is flawless and the quality is impeccable...

Nick

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
In my home theater I have the Harman Kardon AVR525 receiver (about 3 or 4 years old) w/ Polk Audio Speakers and a Paradigm Sub... I am in love with this set-up. Music & movies are incredible to listen to... I will say though, the Paradigm sub was the most noticable improvement when I purchased it.

Reaction score
Each of your Airport Express "Airtunes" will show up in a menu box at the bottom of the iTunes window (you should see "Computer" and then each Airport Express as you have named them, e.g., "Ceiling" and "Home Theatre"). You select each or all from that box in iTunes . . . it's a piece of cake and works great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.