Shut down by itself!!!! HELP

Reaction score
Hi, all. New to this forum and need some help!! My imac g5 running 10.4.7 is shuting down by itself. Sometime I'll be doing something or not and it would just go off like someone just pull the plug. Sometime it happens very often and sometimes not. Don't know what to do, so if anyone could help me, that would be great!!!

-alan

Reaction score
I would check to make sure your power settings are okay. Go to System Preferences -> Energy Saver and check the settings there. If that looks okay, then it's probably a hardware problem. You might then have to look into getting it repaired or replaced.

OP
D
Reaction score
theshibboleth said:
I would check to make sure your power settings are okay. Go to System Preferences -> Energy Saver and check the settings there. If that looks okay, then it's probably a hardware problem. You might then have to look into getting it repaired or replaced.

I have the setting that only the screen would go to sleep after 15mins and the computer never. This all started couple days ago and have the imac about a year now. I have the apple care protection plan, should I call them and see if any other imac are like this?? ****, this just sucks!!!

Reaction score
DoubleAIm said:
Hi, all. New to this forum and need some help!! My imac g5 running 10.4.7 is shuting down by itself. Sometime I'll be doing something or not and it would just go off like someone just pull the plug. Sometime it happens very often and sometimes not. Don't know what to do, so if anyone could help me, that would be great!!!

-alan

So, you might be working away, typing or mouse-clicking and the iMac just suddenly shuts down on it's own?

What do you do then exactly, I mean to get it up and running again?

Have you read this?

http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/macosg_macs_suddenly_shutting_down

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Your problem maybe a bad logic board. There were problems with some of the earlier iMac G5's like that. I would call or visit an Apple store and tell them your problem.

OP
D
Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
Your problem maybe a bad logic board. There were problems with some of the earlier iMac G5's like that. I would call or visit an Apple store and tell them your problem.

Im gonna give them a call tomorrow, and I just ran Apple Hardware test and everything came up fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.