whats a better solution . . .

Reaction score
i have an Intel Imac, 2.0 GHZ Core Duo, 1.5 GHZ of RAM running Tiger

whats a better solution for botting Windows... Parallels Desktop or the BootCamp Beta?

i want to boot windows only for Gaming purposes and to use 3d studio Max

i need opinions, feedback is appreciated

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Parallels doesn't support 3D graphics yet so bootcamp

OP
S
Reaction score
cool, thanks for the feedback

i got another question.. has anyone here using bootcamp for gaming and 3d graphics? how is it compared to using a PC for that sort of stuff?

L

Logan

Paralells you are running Windows below Macintosh.
So imagine:
you are running Windows AND OS X at the same time.
Even if your video card is supported in paralells, there is no way it will compete 100% with bootcamp windows.

Now if you go open Microsoft Office in Parallels, you probably won't notice the difference between paralells and bootcamp. But go start up a game that takes up 512mb of ram you'll notice it in a heartbeat.

Why?

When you use bootcamp, you are running Windows *natively*. That means there is no OS X backend, the performance is so well done it is as if you were running it on a PC itself of the exact same hardware! I have tested video game performance and it has been the same as if you were playing on a PC.

Ram doesn't have ghz btw... but with 1.5 gb of ram you should be just fine with playing games out there via bootcamp.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ram doesn't have ghz btw...

ahahah my bad about that, i wasnt watching my own typing, anyways, thanks a great deal for the feedback, i really appreciate it.. ill definetly consider the boot camp beta

sorry to be a burden, but i ahve one more concern about boot camp . . i am aware of the partition that i will have to create . . say if i want to remove that partition and just have OS X running on my computer just as i had before installing boot camp, how easy of a process would that be?

again im sorry for being an annoyance

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to BootCamp Forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.