• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Desk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo
Hey guys.

I am looking for a new desk to use with a new iMac I will be purchasing.

I would like something modern... Maybe a glass top?

Have any ideas?

P.S. I am not looking to spend a fortune.... $300 is max!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
wakerider017 said:
Hey guys.

I am looking for a new desk to use with a new iMac I will be purchasing.

I would like something modern... Maybe a glass top?

Have any ideas?

P.S. I am not looking to spend a fortune.... $300 is max!

I just got this desk at ikea about two weeks ago for my 20" iMac. It was very easy to build and the iMac looks badass as **** on it. For some reason it looks real ugly on the ikea website but it really is a beatiful sturdy desk. You can also get some optional extra shelves and drawers with it.

This best part is....It's only $129 so I don't think you can go wrong with it either.

Good luck
John

OP
wakerider017
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo
digital john said:
I just got this desk at ikea about two weeks ago for my 20" iMac. It was very easy to build and the iMac looks badass as **** on it. For some reason it looks real ugly on the ikea website but it really is a beatiful sturdy desk. You can also get some optional extra shelves and drawers with it.

This best part is....It's only $129 so I don't think you can go wrong with it either.

Good luck
John

Thanks John!

That really does look nice! I like the almost industrial look. Very contemporary!

However I am leaning a little more towards glass right now...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
I love the look of glass desks. If you can set up a not-too-messy cable system, it can look really good. I don't know if you have these, but we have stores called "Fred Meyers" that stock a bunch of really good looking desks for like $100-$150 and they showcase them all. Its a "general store" type of place, it has a huge grocery store, a Best Buy-ish electronics store, clothes, furniture ect all in one place. I'd find something like that (or a Staples/Office Depot (or Max)) and have a look at the desks they stock.

OP
wakerider017
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo
taylorwilsdon said:
I love the look of glass desks. If you can set up a not-too-messy cable system, it can look really good. I don't know if you have these, but we have stores called "Fred Meyers" that stock a bunch of really good looking desks for like $100-$150 and they showcase them all. Its a "general store" type of place, it has a huge grocery store, a Best Buy-ish electronics store, clothes, furniture ect all in one place. I'd find something like that (or a Staples/Office Depot (or Max)) and have a look at the desks they stock.

Thanks!

I plan on keeping a very simple desk w/ wire management.

OP
wakerider017
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac Core 2 Duo
this is pretty sweet:

Attachments

• glass_desk_es-Veronica.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 38
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.