• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Refusing to seperate imported clips

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Start New Clip At Each Scene Break?

It was already ticked, so imagine my dissapointment when returning to import my footage, to see that the contents of my DV tape was being imported in one big block, one single frame - so many un-nescessary hours would need to be wasted maually seperating each clip into the clips pane.

I went back to check that I had ticked the box and I had, I restarted and for some reason my MBP just decided on the night of July 26th that it would no longer bother seperating my clips as they ae imported.

Since that date I have had to do my seperation by index finger, resulting in many re-winds because I wasn't quick enough and a lot of wasted time.

This is the second of a few glitches I need to rectify now that I have managed to register and post here sucessfully, and as always - many thanks in advance for the solution - though I'm not to optomistic with this one seeing as I've gone to the correct window and the request has been ignored.

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I do hope this has nothing to do with the the rumous I keep hearing that MBP's are being recalled because there are to many problems.

My friend got one a few days after me and his battery got to hot and melted the motherboard, he now has an i-mac.

I have a fan-tray plus air-con... Without either or both mine gets egg frying hot so if the reason I've had no reply to my original post is because my Mac is a dud then what to do?

Do I need to reinstall i-movies and if so, how?

S

sursuciofla

Well it is an imovie glitch. Ever since they moved from imovie4 I have had problems with that. I am disappointed that it hasn't been fixed...I just have to go back like you and manually cut it myself which wastes useful time. Only bright side is that when I am using it I still get paid.

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Is it a glitch that could be fixed at an Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram
That sucks, Im going to get an iMac in March. Hopefully they have fixed it by then.

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Don't get me wrong, I think Apple are great and despite a few glitches I am happy with mine, however - it seems to me from what I have heard over the months that Apple were so eager to get the MacBookPro launched, so exited and proud of their new creation that it wasn't tested to the extent where all glitches were eliminated.

I understand Apple, I was so excited about my current movie project that I showed it to my colleagues before it was complete, but my colleagues had not paid close to two thousand pounds to see my movie project.

My point is, am I stuck with this burden of a fault or can something be done, and have Apple offered a free soloution to any customers who are suffering inconvenience as a result of their rushed MBP launch?

It would be great to tell everyone that the MBP is perfect and it's a shame I can't, though I am so close.

You reading this Apple? Can you help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.