default program

Reaction score
How do a set a default program for opening a file type? I want to open PDF files in Adobe Reader not the Apple one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
climbguy said:
How do a set a default program for opening a file type? I want to open PDF files in Adobe Reader not the Apple one.

Control-click a PDF document, hold down the option key and select Adobe Reader from the "Always Open With" menu. Or you can go to Get Info and do it from there.

OP
C
Reaction score
I did that but what do I have to do to make adobe reader the default for opening pdfs in safari?

OP
C
Reaction score
i did that, my problem is when i follow a link in safari to a pdf fit still opens it in the apple program not adobe reader.

Reaction score
This happens with me too, its a nightmare. I have just installed Acrobat reader 7 and removed acrobat reader 5, it still opens in the apple previewer. This is even AFTER setting Acrobat reader 7 as the default program.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thank you, this may help is problem but mine is not a browser related problem, its happening in OSX tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.