Adobe CS system requirements

S

sassafras

I am going to be installing Adobe CS on my iBook G4 with the following:

OS X 10.3.9
512 MB SDRAM
30 GB hard drive

I'm not a professional graphic artist and I know that this probably isn't the optimal way to run this software, so I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I can do to ensure the programs run smoothly.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Should work fine, imo.

You won't be doing split-second high-res renders, but it'll serve you well for basic stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Definitely add some RAM if you can afford it.

You can put up to 1GB in the RAM slot you have, which would really benefit overall system performance.

OP
J

Jickyjak

The HD space is that what you have available or what you have in total?

yeah and more RAM would be helpful.

OP
S

sassafras

Thanks for the suggestions! To increase my RAM would I have to buy a seperate 1 GB or would I buy a 512 to add to what I have.... I know that there are two slots (i think) in the iBook...

Also, aside from going directly through apple, are there any other brands out there that may be a little more cost effective?

Reaction score
My iMac came with 512mb ram and I bought another 512mb but now wish I had bought 1gb to add to the base 512mb instead.

This is because I now want to max it out to the full 2gbs ram.

It's harder for me to do this now because I'm left with the 2 x 512mb ram which I'll need to sell and from what I've gathered, they're a little bit difficult to move.

So if you can, buy a 1gb ram to add to your base 512mb it's better economics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The iBook only has one memory slot, and it has one fixed memory amount on the logic board itself.

So you have to go with 1GB as you cannot change the 128, 256 or 512 MB that are soldered onto the logicboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Even with 512meg, Photoshop should be fine most of the time.

OP
S

sassafras

Thanks for all the help! I think I'm going to install it with what I have right now and then up the RAM as necessary later on down the road...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.