Purchasing guidance

4mrRmi

I am new to MAC but I am soooo frustrated with PCs!!I have been working with a $2000 PC that might as well be a coaster and I am now looking into switching completely.
I am a graduate student and use it for school and work related stuff. I do very little downloading-just simple files and I am concerned with viruses/ crashes/ registry issues, etc. Need some guidance- :blind: what are the advantages of the MAC over the PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
The operating system for Macs, Mac OSX, is far superior to any version of Windows. Also, Apple manufactures their computers, and there are not any third parties involved on the Computer/Operating system end. This allows for a more solid computing experience. There are many more advantages, but Im sleepy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
as far as viruses/crashes/registry issues........not with a mac :) i am a college student as well, and im pretty sure i would have to drop out if I didnt have mac osx....kidding....sortof.....

OP
M

malentendu

they are just sexy machines...i am a university student as well and i can hands down say my swtich from a VERY high end PC gaming machine to my MBP was the best choice i have made in a while. i enjoy turning it on and it just working for hours upon end with games/web browsing/itunes/and homework thrown in there. i also enjoy not having all the random programs running to keep the PC safe. no viruses or bi-weekly cleaning sessions as the PC had. the build quality of macs are far superior to PC. my MBP pro feels solid and i can take it most anywhere without fear it will break or crack...ETC. i agree with the poster above about so many rational reasons to purchase one but you must experience it all for yourself.

Reaction score
The latest macs are in fact premium pc's, and are leading the way with Microsoft eating Apples dust!

With the latest macs you can run windows xp direct from the desktop with the help of Parallels.

Apple is really at the cutting edge.....

When you need to uninstall any application all you need to do is drag the application/folder to the trash...that's all....any leftover junk is so miniscule you needn't worry at all about the system becoming clogged over time.

OP

4mrRmi

What about the Intel integration?

Pulse-8 said:
The latest macs are in fact premium pc's, and are leading the way with Microsoft eating Apples dust!

With the latest macs you can run windows xp direct from the desktop with the help of Parallels.

Apple is really at the cutting edge.....

When you need to uninstall any application all you need to do is drag the application/folder to the trash...that's all....any leftover junk is so miniscule you needn't worry at all about the system becoming clogged over time.
----
What about the MACs with Intel--SHould I go for one of those or stick to a MAC processor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
there really is no MAC processor. The previous generation chips, known as "PowerPC", were manufactured by IBM/Freescale. You should most definately get a mac with an intel processor....the benefits are endless....you can run windows(which you can only do with intel chips), the power to heat ratio is much much better, and the intel computers are just bottom line faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.