23" Display - Pinkish Glow

A

Axxis22

Been running the screen for almost a year on a pc. Swapped it over to my new mac pro and noticed a pinkish glow at the top top of the screen. The top bar should be silver, but has a pink glare to it.

any ideas?

thanks

OP
N

NTL1991

Is that the only element that is off color? Have you tried the calibration wizard?

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Make sure that the connection for the monitor is securely attached. It sounds like some of the pins might not be seated properly. Unhook the cable and then make sure it goes in again tightly and securely.
Also, what kind of monitor is it? If it is CRT, you might want to try Degaussing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Also try putting it back in the pc to see if the problem is still there, it could be a fluke that the problem started when you got your new computer when actually it is the screen that is having the problem. If it is not there when you put it in the pc, and all the pins are securely fastened when in the mac pro, then it could be a problem with the mac's graphics card.

OP
A

Axxis22

Yep. Tried it. Its the monitor.. for some reason I never noticed it on the PC. Its really not that big of a deal, but then again its a $1300 monitor that shouldnt be pink. (bought it when it just came out)

I also bought the extended warrenty via compusa.. 2 year replacement.. lets see what they say tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Is there any equipment near that part of the screen like speakers or something?

OP
S

sursuciofla

If you don't like the pink glow send it to me! :black:

On serious note, yeah for that kind of money I would only accept perfection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.