More Than one Dock?

E

enjoymarcus

Hi, is there any way of having more than one dock? I would love to move some of my applications to a seconday dock in the corner that then hides itself. Is there any way to do this in Mac or via 3rd party software? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have been looking for a long time for a secondary application that exactly replicates the dock but on a different side of the screen (dock on the bottom, and dock on the side) and I have not been able to find a program that would allow this. If anybody else knows of a way to do this, I would like to hear about it. So in short, enjoymarcus, if dragthing is not what you were looking for, then you will not be able to find something unless I am a really bad searcher.

OP
E

enjoymarcus

Cheers, DragThing seems to be perfect for what I want, its highly customisable, I made it look just like the normal dock, and it adds features that the normal dock doesn't have, So thanks. The only thing is that I can't seem to get the icons to enlarge when I put the cursor over, is this possible? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hmm, I've seen a program recently that lets you do this exact thing, but I can't remember the name. You can have multiple docks and then switch them using the keyboard and a menu item. And they're the standard Mac OS X docks, unlike DragThing. I'll see if I can figure out what it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.