iTunes artwork screensaver.

Reaction score
ok so when i first put all my music on my new macbook a couple weeks ago i only had three pics in my album artwork. i just got more off itunes today, but when i try to do the "album artwork screensaver" thing...they don't all show up. only 3 do. the ones i had on there when i got the computer. how do i get them all on there?!

peaceloveandrocknroll.
jamieLYNN.

OP
D
Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
This is the easiest/safest way it seems......copy the images out of itunes (drag and drop to the desktop) you'd like to use, add them to iPhoto, and then make an album in iPhoto to use as a screen saver, but someone else may have another method.

This is the link I found:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060907190319996

yeah that would work. but the screensaver does this really cool tile thing with it....like it doesn't just flash them across the screen :D

Reaction score
deathtolife04 said:
yeah that would work. but the screensaver does this really cool tile thing with it....like it doesn't just flash them across the screen :D

I know the tile effect..it's cool.

Hopefully some knowledgeable person here will know how to fix this for you.

I found the folder where iTunes stores the alb art:

In Finder, click shift+command+h

this will open up your user account folder.

Then navigate to Music>iTunes>Album Artwork>Local.

Now this is where it becomes tricky. iTunes organises your abl art here and the files are .itc and unreadable as such, but here you can see how many files you have....only 3 .itc files or a lot of folders containing hundreds of .itc files....etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
itunes 7 no longer embeds the album art in song files (which is where the screensaver looks), but in a separate folder.

So until Apple updates the screen saver, not all of the new artwork will be displayed in tile view.

OP
D
Reaction score
oooh ok :D
so they'll probably update it out soon, and it'll fix itself when i do my routine software update??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Exactly... I assume when 10.4.8 comes out, they'll update the screensaver as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.