Connecting Macbook to TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
so i wanna watch my iTunes tv shows on my tv (Lost is crack), which has a slightly larger screen then my macbook - tv is twice the size of the MB :) . i looked at the cables on the apple store, but there were way too many and i dont know what i need. its a samsung lcd screen tv, it has a ton of input/outputs in the back. do i need a specific apple cable (and if so, which one?), or can i get something at bestbuy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Or, seeings as you've got a high end LCD tv, theres a pretty good chance that its got DVI or VGA hookups. If you buy a Mini-DVI to DVI or VGA hookup, you'll get a MUCH, MUCH better picture then you would with s-video or composite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
taylorwilsdon said:
Or, seeings as you've got a high end LCD tv, theres a pretty good chance that its got DVI or VGA hookups. If you buy a Mini-DVI to DVI or VGA hookup, you'll get a MUCH, MUCH better picture then you would with s-video or composite.

True, but DVI doesn't transmit sound. So he would either have to hook speakers up to his MacBook or barely be able to hear the show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I do DVI to DVI from my Powerbook to my 21" Widescreen LCD monitor and it looks amazing.. I'd go DVI/VGA if possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.