Making the Switch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, AirBase Express =)
I have had PCs for the past 11+ years (since pre-Pentiums) and I am finally jumping ship! I just ordered a MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo with 1GB RAM and the 100GB drive. I am very much looking forward to getting off of this buggy, virus infected spyware bloated PC.

Looks I should have my new MB in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I am looking into a broadband connection (probably through Cox Cable) and I am planning on picking up an AirPort Extreme Base Station from the apple website. Is this a good working wireless router or would I be better off looking at something else?

I work on my website a lot and currectly use FrontPage for my web editing. Is there something similar that either comes with the Mac or that I can buy seperately?

Dave :dive:

P

piece of apple

Use Macromedia's "Dreamweaver". Ofcourse, Tiger lets you make webpages through iWeb, but that's for beginners.

OP
wax32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I'll look up that title.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Its alot more advanced the frontpage, but you should be able to pick it up. Its also more expensive, but it will make your site look awesome, and make it more efficient on the code side.

OP
wax32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I imagine!

FrontPage is like web design for dummies. The code is tangled and hard to figure out (when manually editing the HTML). I might see if the business I do web design for (my wife's boss, a friend of ours) will spring for the cost of the program. =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.