photoshop advice needed (image batch)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
i got my new shiney digital SLR today and took some nice images, ive exported them into my computer in a folder and now i would like a mass way of reducing the sizes and file size in photoshop.. how is this done normaly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If you have CS2, go to File->Scripts->Image Processor. Here you will find a great tool that allows you to do all sorts of things to entire folders full of pictures. Resizing is just one of the many great things it will do. If you don't have CS2, I understand that the Image Processor was available for CS as a plugin or Utility called "Dr. Brown's Image Processor". If you hunt that up on the web you can probably find it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Kodak P880 Wide Angle lense (fixed)
its crap at dusk shots and is fantastic at Macro! im uploading a view shots for people to see

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah im a novice realy and i didnt realy want to save more money but rather use it to by a HD camcorder which il save up for..

its a good all rounder for me apart from night shots because its very blury.. maybe i need a tripod instead my shakey hands lol

here are some pictures ive taken
http://images.bloogrape.co.uk/
will upload most of my images tonight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
The up-close of the spider looks very cool :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, my fav would have to be the two little weird greeny spikey things, unsure what there called. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
pbook24 said:
any reason you went for the kodak? considering the limited amount of lenses

It is not a camera with a changable lens system, this is a digital still camera (DSC) and not an SLR (Single Lens Reflux). There is not the opportunity to buy a lens for a specific application, but lens filters to give effects such as fisheye etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Odin_aa said:
It is not a camera with a changable lens system, this is a digital still camera (DSC) and not an SLR (Single Lens Reflux). There is not the opportunity to buy a lens for a specific application, but lens filters to give effects such as fisheye etc.

Single Lens Reflex you mean ;)

Bloogrape, some of your shots look a little overexposed. Since most of those shots were on ISO100, you could use a faster shutter speed or close down the aperture (increase f-stop number) Be aware that f-stop also affects depth of field - something very important for macro shots. The larger the f-stop number, the greater the depth of field.

If you're shooting in low light, increase the ISO if you're shooting hand-held, or as you said, use a tripod. Greater ISO allows for faster shutter speeds (and less camera shake), but at the cost of more grain/noise. Generally, shots of 1/60 shutter speed and faster don't have camera shake if you're steady. Slower than 1/30 and you should look at using a tripod where possible or something else to rest the camera on.

Best of luck with your new camera ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Open one image, select Window>Actions, record and resize your image and press stop.
Then select File>Automate>Batch and select your source and destination folders and the Action you recorded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.