Lacie HD help

Reaction score
I've just bought a Lacie 200GB D2 Firewire HD,but it needs all the cables.I'm in the UK and apparently we need some type of transformer/supply? for UK/Europe.Lacie supposedly link to it from their website,but it's a dead link and everywhere else I've looked it's 'unavailable'.Does anyone know anything about this? Do I really need one? or is it just a simple 2 pin/3 pin transformation on the power plug?
Also does one Lacie D2 power cable fit all their D2 models?

PS I have a G4 (AGP),OS-X 10.3.9

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
I just bought a 160gb Lacie Porsche and it came with one transformer and two plug adapters so it suits UK and US.

Id have thought its just the plug that changes since I dont have to change anything else.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks dave.I wonder if you'd do me a favour and check with this pic,
to see if that's the same setup as you have.Particularly the picture of the socket at the bottom.Mine is four pin but has little indentations at 'West','South' and 'East' plus a straight line across the top of the circle.Is that the same as yours?
If so,and the top cable in above photo is just the power cable with a standard (US) two-pin plug on one end and the kind of input that used to be for cassette players etc on the other,then I'm in business.I'm assuming the bottom cable is the thing I really need,and what Lacie are offering in that page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.