What bag is everyone using?

I

Ironman

I have a 12" Powerbook G4.

I'm considering a breifcase style bag for my Powerbook.
I'm wanting to use it for work and other miscellaneous adventures around Washington, D.C.

I'm looking at the Tom Bihn Empire Builder:
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/_all/TB0730

I'm on the verge of getting it as i have not found anything that I like better.

I already own the Buzz:
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0151

Which works great for the 12" and has been a great bag.

I'm looking for something that looks professional without being super dull
and just like everyone else's bag.

I'm wondering what everyone uses for their Apple portable.
I have looked at a lot of brands for bags and such, but I'm wondering
what the actual Apple users are using to tote their laptop around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
im rockin my macbook pro in a latico messenger bag, and an incase nylon sleeve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Ive got an iBook in a Crumpler, no complaints for the bag at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBook Pro.
I've got this excelent Billabong backpack. Its got a laptop section in the back and this section does not go to the botom of the bag it stops about 3 inches up so if you drop th bag on the ground hard putting it down the laptop cannot hit the ground. Its amazing. Loads of storage for cables disc etc. And the best thing. It doesn't look like one of the laptop bags that says " hi i'm carrying a laptop, please mug me". It was only €60 so not a rip off. Checkout some of the big surfstores that sell lots of accesories.

OP
T

topgun072003

I've got a timbuk2 messenger bag for my powerbook 15 inch. It has a special storage space that hugs the computer, and the outside is water resistant or water proof. I just know that I've walked in the rain with it and NOTHING got wet. It works great for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Ive got two Hedgren hand luggage bags for flying, Ive had them a few years and they have made a few flights some in the hold and also used them day to day and they still look brand new.
They are definetly a quality bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Crumpler Wack-o-phone.
Sturdy, keeps my Pbook safe whilst I'm cycling dangerously.

OP
K

Kidney

I've always liked this one . I ride a lot (well I did, stupid car hitting me), and having a regular bag flopping around in the wind gets distracting. This seems like it would be a good solution to that, plus it looks like it would offer a lot of protection. Although, the looks might be too much for some.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Targus Laptop Backpack. Has a padded section for laptop and then like 10 other sections for books, etc. I keep my books, laptop, mouse, ipod/charger/usb cable, pens, 60 gb portable hdd, firewire, laptop charger, phone charger all in this one bag. It's very big and utilizes space well as even when full of these things looks like a normal bag. Sometimes I even carry my Wacom Intuos3 in it with all this stuff.

When I go on photo shoots I have a Crumpler Backpack that keeps both my 35mm SLR and 20D with all 5 of my lenses, plus filters, cable release, flash, extra memory cards and battery, and card reader. I can attach my tripod or monopod to it. Then it has a laptop compartment that can be pulled out from the bag and carried individually or within the bag. Very nice!!!

Reaction score
Anything that doesn't look like a computer bag because computer bags say "Goodies inside, Steal Me" and are easy pickings to all the thieves out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook
i have a big pimpin victorinox backpack style bag. it has everything you could think of.

and it doesn't really look like a computer bag. but then again, it's pretty ****ing sweet, so somebody would probably just steal the whole thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I have a Crumpler and I am really happy with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
Mines a Tech Air laptop bag for my 17" macbook pro

here:

3508285x285zs4.jpg

http://www.techair.co.uk/store/productdetails.asp?ProductId=108

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.