did apple do away with education pricing on ipods?

I

iluvthsgam

i visited the apple education store today. all the prices on the computers were education pricing. but i see now that the ipods are the same price as in the regular store. since apple lowered the prices so much it appears they did away with education pricing for ipods :eek:neye:

OP
S

sursuciofla

Yeah it is gone, at least for now. You don't even get the $200 off anymore on the computers. I believe it is $100 now. The lowend macs never got as big of a discount but it is even less now.

OP
F

fliP

I believe that the iPods aren't student discounted anymore because they want to try to sell the "older" ones until the rebates run out on the 16th. I bought a MB a couple weeks ago but didn't want to use the rebate offer because they didn't have any iPods that I could use. But, now that they brought out the 80gb model I'm quite interested but cannot use it for my iPod rebate. Only the "older" ones. I'm waiting a couple days to see if they discount soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
It's a percentage (on the computers) I think. It would make sense to have it be a flat $200 off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.