just Bought a Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2ghz, 2gb Ram, 250gb HDD.
Need help. Im trying to setup a share between my XP machine and my new iMac with OSX10.4.4 i Click on the pad lock in direct access but all the areas are still greyed out. Also when i click on windows file sharing nothing happens the check mark doesnt go in. Im about to throw this thing out the window please help lol!

Also I can't install UPDATES!!!!

OP
black96gtvert
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i cant even empty trash it says i dont have sufficient privledges, i keep getting errors bahhh

OP
black96gtvert
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Sorry we really dont feel like helping you now leave us alone! No im just kidding. What I recommend you do first off is install all the software updates. You are running .4 you should have .7. To install the updates go to the apple in the top left corner and hit software update. Now after you have installed all the updates, try emptying your trash. If that doesnt work. In finder hit SHIFT APPLE U at the same time. Go to disk utility. Select your HD and hit repair disk permisions. IF your trash still will not empty let me know. As far as networking the 2 computers are they on the same network and both turned on? Is file sharing on the XP? IF so go to your HD and hit network wait a couple seconds and you should see your XP computer pop up. For more detailed info please google it. You will be able to find something! Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac os 10
black96gtvert said:
i cant even empty trash it says i dont have sufficient privledges, i keep getting errors bahhh
i am not an expert but... try secure empty trash? I have found that the Pc and Mac issue are insubmountable. too much time and dlink support even bailed on the conflict I had with airport issues. Life is easier and worth just ditch/bag the PC.
Not much help? sorry

Reaction score
black96gtvert said:

Go to the Blue Apple icon on the upper left corner, click and hold and this will drop down a menu...

Scroll down to System Preferences and click once...

Click once on the Accounts icon which is in the System list....

In the left pane of the Accounts window, look for your account name and post back what it says under your name....it will either be Managed or Admin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.