iMac Powering On - On its own

M

mkhaira143

Has anyone heard or had this problem.
It started happening few nights ago, I use to put my iMac to sleep at night. And it started waking up, I assumed some how the desk must've gotten nudged. So I turned it off Wednesday night before I went to bed, woke up 12.40 and it was powered on, to the login screen. And again last night, I powered it off before I went to bed and this time i was awake when it happend, it powered on again by itself.
I don't have an exact time, except for last night it was 12.01, the other nights I believe I always saw it on after 12.
Is there some sort of clocking issue or anything like that?
It's a 20in G5 (the one that came out with the iSight camera, before the intel cores).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Not sure why but mine (17" G5) does this as well. I was sleeping on my futon one night and randomly heard the gong and saw it turning on. I haven't bothered to look into getting it fixed since I am at school and the computer works fine but since I am still under applecare I will probably get it checked out when I am home in the winter

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.