Mouse Issues

J

jontepe

Hi All,

I have just upgraded to a Mac Mini through work and am generally very happy with it. The problem I have though, and I haven't been able to locate a similar thread, is that my mouse cursor sometimes, or rather often lately, is shooting in to a corner and with it activating my expose commands. Has anyone had a similar problem? It is very annoying when you're working on something.

The spec is 1.66 GHz Duo with 1 GB of RAM so memory should normally not be a problem.

Cheers

Jonas

Reaction score
I can see this is a problem for you if it's interfering with Expose...!

This happens to me all the time....both on my PC and iMac G5....the cursor shoots off and I don't know where it is so I have to shake the mouse around to see where it's gone. Usually it shoots to a corner too.

All I've been able to learn about the cause is that it is related to the surface you use your mouse on and any grit on the underneath of your mouse.

I haven't been successful in stopping it from happening and just put up with it....if you find a fix then I'll be very interested~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, AirBase Express =)
This happens to me on the PC at work. I HATE IT!!! That said, I shake it like Pulse-B said. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
what kind of mouse is it and one what kind of surface are you using it on?

Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:

iMac mouse is standard wired and it travels on the keyboard tray...sometimes I have to clean the underside as the oval rubberstrip collects grime..

The PC mouse is Logitech optical wired and is on a gel mousepad....

OP
J

jontepe

trpnmonkey41 said:

Hi, it's a corded Mighty and I'm using it on a plastic mouse-pad. I have used it on the desk surface but worse, so if the theory of the surface is right I need something really smooth but without the thin layer of plastic film on the top. I might have noticed something else, and that it is increasingly occurring when I'm running MS Office (latest version, supposedly for Intel! Never!) so the issue might be a Power PC thing? Any ideas?

Cheers

Jonas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Give it a thorough clean with a slightly damp cloth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.