battery issue

S

Squeee223

I just got my mbp a couple days ago and have been using quite often. I have the mbp plugged in most of the time, and when I unplug it (fully charged) it says that theres 1:50 left on the battery. This can't be right can it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
What are the specs of your machine? I have a 15" and I get around 2.5-3 hours depending on what I am doing.

--lifeafter2am

OP
S

Squeee223

I have the basic cheaper mbp 15" from apple.com, so I think I should be getting around as much battery life as you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Yea you should. It also depends on what you are doing. Internet browsing and light usage is when I get the best battery life. When I am running my music software or ripping in itunes or something I only get about 1.5-2 hours.

Did you calibrate your battery?

--lifeafter2am

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
make sure to calibrate the battery a'la the user manual.....it makes a pretty big difference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
also having volume on highest, screen brightness up, bluetooth and airport significantly drain battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
yeah, I calibrated my battery a little late, and as soon as I did, I noticed a .5-1 hour difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.