Need Help Installing HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I know how easy it is to install the new hard drive but ive got a couple of questions to ask before i get started. First off, when i first got started installing the drive (stopped when i became unsure) i noticed the new drive does not have a white pull tab attached to it. is this normal? my dad, who has been working with computers prbly since 1980, said i should unscrew the star screws holding on the small plate that is attached to the stock drive that has the white pull tab connected to it and put that on the new drive. also, i was wondering once i put the drive in the computer, how do i install the os again. i kno that i use the dvds that came with the computer, ive done that before, but im wondering do i put the disc in before i shut down and install the drive or should i install the drive, power on and insert the disc. please help, im really anxious to install my nice new 120gb drive and double my storage.

Reaction score
The white tab is attached to the plate. Unscrew the HD and remove it from the plate and replace it with the new HD. Then install it.

Just turn on the computer with the Mac installation disc inserted and it should boot for the disc. Just follow the onscreen instructions.
You may have to hold down the "C" key to boot from cd, I forget.

If you have any more questions, just post 'em. Somebody will answer.

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
k thanks, ill keep another laptop close by while im doing incase i need to aks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.