Artwork in iTunes 7.

P

piece of apple

Is there a way to simply PASTE your artwork right into the iTunes album view? If you've used Windows Media Player 11, you'll know what i'm taking about.

Insteal of "Get Artwork", is there a way to "paste" artwork? Cos I found the artwork using, say, Google Images. Shouldn't I be able to paste it right in iTunes? That's how they do it WMP11.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
piece of apple said:
Is there a way to simply PASTE your artwork right into the iTunes album view? If you've used Windows Media Player 11, you'll know what i'm taking about.

Insteal of "Get Artwork", is there a way to "paste" artwork? Cos I found the artwork using, say, Google Images. Shouldn't I be able to paste it right in iTunes? That's how they do it WMP11.
Drag it and drop it into the info window of the song/s you want to add it too. Thats what I do.

--lifeafter2am

OP
P

piece of apple

thank u

edit: it works. but now i have 2 post artwork for all my cds ... amazon is going 2 get alot of hits. why can't iTunes do this automatically??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Yea its being weird about it for me too. It found the artwork for only a few of my cd's. Like it found Massive Attack, but not LOTR soundtrack. I understand it not finding my more crazy stuff like Klute or Kid Loops, but I would say that LOTR is pretty standard.

--lifeafter2am

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If your tags aren't perfect then it can't get the artwork. The music also has to be on the iTMS for it to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
trpnmonkey41 said:
If your tags aren't perfect then it can't get the artwork. The music also has to be on the iTMS for it to work
The tags are from the database that itunes pulls from. But I understand if its not in itunes, that makes sense. Oh well. :robot:

--lifeafter2am

OP
P

piece of apple

Windows Media Player found almoast all of my cd's artwork, so my tag's must be alright. But it's worth it: Coverflow is so **** sexy.

EDIT: It found Aretha Franklin's "Respect", but didn't find the Beatles' "Revolver". R u kidding ME?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
piece of apple said:
Windows Media Player found almoast all of my cd's artwork, so my tag's must be alright. But it's worth it: Coverflow is so **** sexy.

EDIT: It found Aretha Franklin's "Respect", but didn't find the Beatles' "Revolver". R u kidding ME?
Like I said if the music isn't in iTunes music store then it can't find the album artwork. The beatles aren't in the music store = no album art

Windows Media Player accessed a completely different database for its artwork. iTunes uses the music they are licensed for

OP
P

piece of apple

trpnmonkey41 said:
Like I said if the music isn't in iTunes music store then it can't find the album artwork. The beatles aren't in the music store = no album art

Windows Media Player accessed a completely different database for its artwork. iTunes uses the music they are licensed for

Yea but I have gigs and gigs of music on my computer. It didn't find artwork for ANY of it.

And also, even the pasting is getting bugy. It won't let me RE-Paste. (If i want to paste a replace an artwork with another)

But i guess the feature is worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
piece of apple said:
Yea but I have gigs and gigs of music on my computer. It didn't find artwork for ANY of it.

And also, even the pasting is getting bugy. It won't let me RE-Paste. (If i want to paste a replace an artwork with another)

But i guess the feature is worth it.
Try this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
is there a way to add album artwork to an entire album at once instead of clicking on a song and dragging artwork in?

can I highlight a selection of songs and then drag the artwork?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Select the songs you want to add it to, and get info on that selection, then drag it into the album art box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
go to

findmycover.com

and type your search in a drag the artwork into the box in the bottom left corner of itunes where it should appear. it will now be there when you listen to that song and when you go on cover flow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
go to

findmycover.com

and type your search in a drag the artwork into the box in the bottom left corner of itunes where it should appear. it will now be there when you listen to that song and when you go on cover flow

In order to do that you need to hit this button:

albumartbut.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.